niedziela, 24 czerwca 2012

Loneliness in Toulouse


We've been in France for almost a year. And I'm lonely. It's hard to make friends in a country the language of which is just a string of sexy sounds that you don't understand. And the French - like the stereotype says - do not speak English.


The Boyfriend made friends. He goes out with them and comes back home drunk, while I sit on the couch and read post-colonial literature. I like his friends. They are fun, but there is no language in which we can communicate, so after an hour of laughing at jokes I don't understand, I come to the conclusion that I'd rather stay at home and read post-colonial literature.


My personality changes depending on the language I use, and in French, I just don't have one. In French, I'm my geek boyfriend's girlfriend with nothing interesting or funny to say. So I started painting my nails red and that's all the personality I have right now.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz